The S5000 represents the next generation of Akai’s already industry standard samplers with brand new technology, a unique and innovative new user interface and new functionality. Akai’s product line was already cranking out fantastic synthesizer samplers when the S5000 went into production. It comes standard 8 megabyte with room to expand up to 256 megabytes with 72 pin SIMMS. It also has a standard SCSI port built in for computer support and working with hard drives as well.
- 16 outputs configurable as 8 x stereo pairs or 16 individual mono outs (S5000 has 8 outputs expandable to 16).
- Optional ADAT™ digital audio interface giving 16 digital outputs
- 320 x 240 back-lit LCD.
- 44.1kHz/48kHz sampling frequencies.
- 18-bit stereo ADCs with 64 x oversampling 5th order Delta Sigma
- 20-bit DACs with 128 x oversampling Delta Sigma with 8 x digital filter on all outputs.
- SPDIF or AES/EBU digital I/O on balanced jacks or optical.
- EB20 4-channel 20-bit multi-effects processor (optional on S5000).
- PS2 QWERTY keyboard input for easy naming.
- 2 x MIDI IN/OUT/THRU for 32-channel multitimbral operation.
- 2 x SCSI ports for easy connection to disk drives.
- Word clock input allows you to easily integrate the S5000 and S6000 into an all-digital environment.
- Flash ROM programmable operating system.
Dimensions: 19″L x 17″W x 6″H | 20 lbs
Tested. Removed from a working corporate environment.