The next generation of standalone multitrack recorders is here, and provides supreme quality 8-track recording to standard-size DVD-RAM discs in a unique package representing the very forefront of multitrack recorder design. The Fostex DV824 is an 8-track DVD-RAM and hard disk recorder, with a maximum 24-bit/96kHz resolution, full time code and word clock functionality, and professional analog and AES/EBU digital connectivity, along with Firewire and USB ports for file storage and transfer. The unit conveniently combines the attributes of accessible, inexpensive storage media with intuitive operation and top-shelf audio quality, and represents a worthy solution for installation or live broadcast requirements for radio, television and the theatre.
- 8-Track Recording and playback to and from industry standard DVD-RAM media
- Up to 8-track simultaneous recording at 24bit/48kHz
- Up to 4-track simultaneous recording at 24bit/96kHz
- Slim line chassis – just 2U high – for easy handling & installation
- Analog balanced XLR inputs and outputs for all 8 channels
- AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs for connection to analog and digital audio mixers
- Flexible AC or DC (for location use) power operation. Supplied with AC adapter (AD-15C) as standard.
- BWF file format and UDF disk format combine for excellent PC/Mac compatibility
- Playback of disks recorded on both DV40 and PD-6.
- 132×64 dot-matrix LCD display
- Large LED time display and 18-bar level meters.
- High-speed 10/100Base-T Ethernet port for data transfer via the media network
- Multiple DV824’s can be controlled by a master DV824 through the 9-pin remote connector
- Dedicated front-panel USB keyboard input for easy file naming and editing.
- Flexible programmable playback function
- Optional* Timecode/Sync (Model 8348) card allows for both internally-generated and external timecode with +/-1ppm accuracy to be integrated into the recording process. An LTC offset can be set independently for each file
- Bi-Phase input included on Timecode/Sync card for synchronization to film projectors
- Optional 40GB Hard Drive (Model 9057) or 80GB Hard Drive (Model 9058) allows for Dual Disk Recording as well as Auto Backup functions
- Optional* IEEE1394/USB 2.0 card (Model 8370) will be available for fast data transfer to/from PC/Mac
- Auto New File function to automatically separate files when EXT TC leaps. Good for copying audio from DAT source.
- iXML metadata implementation
- Multiple media recording modes including CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R and DVD-RW (copying via internal HD)
- ES Bus mode which allows the user to link multiple machines from the master unit. Metadata flows from the master to the slave units with a machine designator written in the file header.
- Seamless New File mode to allow the machine to create a new file once the designated file length has been reached
- New File mode offers the user to instantly create a new file while recording
- Auto Save function to add an additional level of safety in the event of loss of power. The DV824 will preserve and examine the data every minute during recording.
DIMENSIONS: 19″L x 13.6″ W x 3.9″H
WEIGHT: 13 lbs
Removed from working corporate environment.