The Furman PL-PRO D II is the latest generation of Furman’s legendary 20 amp power conditioners, featuring Furman’s exclusive Series Multi-Stage PROtection Plus (SMP+) with Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS).
Furman PL-PRO D II at a Glance:
- 20-amp power conditioner.
- Multi-stage protection.
- Extreme voltage shutdown.
- Linear filtering technology.
- LED rack lights and BNC jack for gooseneck lamp.
The Furman PL-PRO D II Power conditioners, featuring Furman’s revolutionary SMP+ technology. Furman’s Series Multi-Stage PROtection Plus (SMP+) circuit also features Furman’s exclusive Linear Filter Technology (LiFT) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS) and a high current TVZ-MOV. Together; these technologies comprise, what is without question, the worlds most advanced and comprehensive transient voltage surge suppressor.
SMP+ (Series Multi-Stage PROtection Plus)
The Furman PL-PRO D II’s SMP+ surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls. Traditional surge suppression circuits “sacrifice” themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with SMP+. With the PL-PRO D II’s SMP+, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped and dissipated. No sacrificed parts, no service calls, no down time.
Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS)
Unique to the Furman PL-PRO D II’s SMP+ is its unparalleled clamping voltage (even when tested beyond the grueling specifications of – USA/CIDA’s A-1-1 test). While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 300VAC peak, (far beyond long accepted professional standards), the Furman PL-PRO D II’s SMP+ clamps at 188VAC peak, 133 VAC RMS even when tested with multiple 6000VAC – 3000 Amp surges! This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman’s SMP+ technology. Additionally, Furman’s trusted over-voltage circuitry protects against all too frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240VAC, by shutting off the PL-PRO D II’s incoming power until the over voltage condition is corrected.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Unfortunately, traditional AC filter – Conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions. Prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to re-boot digital pre-sets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. The Furman PL-PRO D II’s SMP+ with LiFT takes another approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering and no leakage to ground.
LED Rack Lights
The Furman PL-PRO D II features LED rack lights which produce virtually no heat and provide an extremely long life span. A dimmer control for the rack lights allows the user to adjust the level of illumination or simply switch the lights off. Additionally, the Furman PL- PRO D II includes a rear mounted BNC jack which accepts any standard (12VAC, 0.5A) gooseneck lamp for rear rack illumination, as well as a front panel switch which controls the gooseneck’s operation.
Furman PL-PRO D II Features:
- A front panel mounted master power switch is protected by a hinged cover, preventing accidental disconnection of AC power to the unit’s outlets.
- The front-panel circuit breaker – power switch can be quickly and easily reset should the unit be overloaded.
- 10 foot, 12 gauge heavy-duty power cable
- SMP+ with Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS)
- LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) with zero ground contamination
- Two retractable, long-life, low-heat LED light fixtures with dimmer switch for rack illumination (On PL units only)
- BNC connector on the rear panel allows you to attach any standard goose neck lamp to illuminate the rear of your rack
- Eight rear panel outlets and one front panel outlet
- 20 amp rating, with ultra-high inrush capable magnetic circuit breaker
- Front panel digital meter displays incoming AC line voltage with laboratory accuracy (+/- 1.5 VAC)
Removed from corporate working environment.