The Marantz CDR420 is an innovative, self-contained 2-channel portable hard disk recorder, equipped with a 2.5″, 20GB hard drive and the ability to read, convert and burn CD-R and CD-RW discs in Wav, MP3 and standard 16-bit PCM file formats.
The CDR420 features dual XLR mic inputs with 48V phantom power, a SPDIF digital I/O, a USB 2.0 I/O port, a built-in speaker, a built-in microphone, and a headphone output that provides both dedicated monitoring level control with 4 modes of monitoring options. The USB port allows for both drive maintenance, via Windows XP disk tools, and the downloading of system firmware upgrades, thereby prolonging the professional life of the unit. The CDR420 is an open-ended and versatile professional field recorder that should address equally well the needs of musicians, journalists and location recordists.
- Portable Hard Disk Field Recorder/CD Burner
- Record to the 20GB hard disc in 44.1kHz mono or stereo as .WAV or .MP3 files
- CDs can be burned as standard audio format or data CD’s with directory of WAV pr MP3 files; multiple MP3 bitrates allow selection of the best combination for quality and record time
- WAV to MP3 file conversion with choice of bitrates, read, display, and edit ID3 tag information from MP3 files
- Data from the hard drive can be written to CD or uploaded to computer via USB 2.0 interface
- On-board editing with cut, copy, paste, insert silence and split track
- Auto Track Increment function automatically creates new files at user selected intervals, Record Timer allows programming of recording start and stop times for unattended operation
- PS2 keyboard support provides text editing of ID3 tags, and provides shortcut keystrokes for system functionality and transport control
- Windows XP disk tools such as error check and defragment with PC connectivity USB 2.0 port, upgradeable firmware support via CD or USB 2.0 extends unit’s professional life
- Built-in speaker, microphone and stereo headphone jack
- ALC, Limiter, and Manual record level adjustment, -20dB pad for mic/line attenuation, recording filters to minimize background noise
- Three band playback equalizer
Acid Battery + Charger
Removed from corporate working environment.