Marantz Professional – PMD580 Network Solid State Recorder
The PMD580 is an audio recorder. It accepts audio inputs from your audio equipment, standard line level analog audio inputs or a digital input, and records in digital audio formats onto a removable flash memory card. Removable flash memory cards, also used in digital cameras, are widely available at appliance stores and computer shop. Removable flash memory cards come in several configurations (variations in the thickness and shape of the card and connections). The PMD580 accepts “Compact Flash” memory cards or “Microdrive” cards.
- Stereo (2 channels) and mono (1 channel) audio recording and playback.
- Records onto various types of CF cards.
- Three different recording formats. – Compressed recording using MPEG1 Layer III (MP3) mono and stereo. – Uncompressed recording using 16-bit linear Pulse Code Modulation (PCM). – Uncompressed recording using 24-bit linear Pulse Code Modulation (PCM).
- MS-DOSTM, Windows and Macintosh compatible audio files.
- Selectable file types: – Wave – MP3
- Selectable recording bit rate – MP3 compressed at 32 kbps (recommended for dictation) 32, 48 or 64 kbps (recommended for voice recording) 128 or 192 kbps (recommended for recording music) – PCM uncompressed at 768 kbps (mono) with 16bit or 24 bit resolution. (very high quality mono audio recording) – PCM uncompressed at 1536 kbps (stereo) with 16 bit or 24 bit resolution. (recommended for very high quality audio recording)
DIMENSIONS: 13″ x 19″ x 2″ inch
REMOVED FROM WORKING CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT