The Panasonic AG-HVX200A is a P2-based camera that answers the demands of nearly any professional videographer. The camcorder builds on the overwhelming success of the original AG-HVX200, with the addition of some much sought-after revisions. The most important new feature being an updated sensor; the sensor yields higher sensitivity, creating less noise in low-light situations. With its compact and feature-rich frame, the camera will never disappoint. The unit is compatible with DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO50, DVCPRO25 and consumer DV recording standards.
- Uncompressed 4-channel, 16-bit digital audio recording in DVCPRO HD and DVCPRO50
- Eight gamma settings for various shooting scenarios, including News Gamma and Cine-Like Gamma for recordings that capture the warm tones of film
- Advanced image adjustments include color matrix, detail, chroma phase, color temp, knee points
- Cam-driven manual zoom, large manual iris control, focus assist, gain, two ND filters (1/8th and 1/64th) as well as slow, synchro and high-speed shutter
- A 3.5″ LCD monitor allows thumbnail display of footage, while a large electronic viewfinder can show peaking for easier focusing
- A multitude of recording functions including pre-record (to capture moments that occur right before the start button is pressed), hot-swapping, shot-marking, loop recording, interval and one-shot recording for stop-motion and effects
- Internal down conversion to miniDV Tape
- Interfaces include IEEE 1394 and USB 2.0 interfaces (connect directly to a PC or MAC), built-in stereo microphone, two XLR inputs with phantom power and analog component signal terminals
- Convenient operation functions include a programmable scene file dial with six presets, three user buttons and manual/auto settings for aperture, gain, tracking white balance and focus
Dimensions: 16″L x 19″W x13″H / 27.5lbs
Tested. Removed from a working corporate environment.
Note: Handle zoom toggle, Towards, doesn’t work. Scratches on cam’s handle.