2 in stock
Also Includes: Panasonic AJ-HVF21G HD Viewfinder
-Does not include power supply
-No more than 3570 Hours
Full Raster HD Quality with AVC-Intra 100 and 4:4:4 Output
The VariCam 3700 raises the bar for cinematic image quality, offering a native 1920×1080 imager, including 10-bit, 4:2:2 full-raster recording (AVC-Intra 100), as well as Dual link RGB 4:4:4 output with log response capability. The 2/3″ 2.2 mega-pixel 3-CCD camera records high resolution, independent frame HD images in AVC-Intra 100, for the highest level of quality; in AVC-Intra 50 for extended recording; and industry-standard DVCPRO HD for added flexibility.
Exceptional Creativity and Enhanced Imaging Features
The VariCam 3700 features CineGamma™ function, which gives images the prized film-look legendary to the VariCam. Inheriting the impressive dynamic range, color space and depth field of the original VariCam, the 3700 model adds several new gamma settings and image-enhancing functions, including an enhanced Film-Rec 600% setting, which provides additional latitude. For greater flexibility, the VariCam 3700 offers Dynamic Range Stretch (reduces blocked shadows and blown highlights) and Chromatic Aberration Correction (compensates for color deficiencies found in lens).
Offering variable frame rate recording in single frame increments from 1fps to 30fps, the VariCam 3700 makes techniques like overcranking and undercranking simple. Because each frame is stored without any pulldown or duplication, slow and fast motion footage can be played back immediately (no need for frame rate conversion in post).
Enhanced Digital Cinema Workflow with Solid-State Reliability
The VariCam 3700 brings a fast, proven, AVC-Intra and DVCPRO-HD nonlinear workflow to your high-end cinema production. The solid-state P2 workflow provides immediate access to recorded video and metadata (no need to digitize), including the ability to view content on the spot as thumbnail clips on the camera’s LCD monitor for instant, on-set playback. Unlike tape, P2 cards are reusable without loss of quality, eliminating the need for continuous tape budgets and decks. With five 64GB P2 cards installed the VariCam 3700 can record more than 6 hours of master-quality 1080/24p content.
With a 10-pound body, VariCam 3700 gives you the flexibility to transition quickly from digital cinema applications to “run-and-gun” style EFP shooting, while maintaining cinematic image quality.
With none of the moving parts used by tape or disc-based cameras, the VariCam 3700 is ultra reliable with resistant to shock, vibration, extreme environments and weather conditions. The camera’s solid-state design means no worrying about overheating, condensation or freezing, only reliable performance when you need it. The VariCam 3700 is also backed by a 5-year limited warranty (1-year regular, plus 4 years extended upon registration).
• AVC-Intra 100, AVC-Intra 50 and DVCPRO HD codecs
• AVC-Intra 100 provides master-quality, 4:2:2, 10-bit, full-raster, native 1920 x 1080 recording
• Native 1920×1080 imager
• Dual link RGB 4:4:4 output with log response capability and simultaneous 4:2:2 HD record in camera
• Offers choice of progressive/interlace HD video formats including native 1080 23.98p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/30.00p, as well as 1080 50i and 1080 59.94i.
• Variable frames (1 to 30fps) and 23.98/24psf output (via HD-SDI)
• AVC-Intra compatibility with leading NLEs, including Apple Final Cut Pro 6, Autodesk, Avid Media Composer Family Version 3.0, Avid NewsCutter Family version 7.0 and Quantel.
• 4:4:4 record compatibility, including variable frame rate support with Codex, S-Two and Keisoku Giken
• 4:4:4 compatible with the Panasonic AJ-HD3700B D-5 HD VTR with AJ-HDP2000 2K Processor.
• Scan reverse allows for anamorphic lens adapter use (to create a 2.35:1 aspect image for wide-screen cinematic shooting), or, use an HD lens adaptor for 35mm lenses.
• Advanced gamma settings including Film-Rec and P10 Log (Cineon)
• 14-Bit Digital Processing with 12-Axis Color Correction
• High F10 sensitivity at 2,000 lx, Minimum illumination of 0.021 lx (at 1 fps VFR and +30-dB gain-up)
• Electronic shutter that offers seven shutter speeds up to a maximum 1/2000 second (plus a Half mode) and unique angle settings (similar to a film camera)
• Proxy data recording available (with the optional AJ-YAX800G board)
• Five P2 card slots allow for over 6 hours of 1080/24p record time (with five 64GB P2 cards)
• Newly-designed grip handle with five threaded holes for mounting accessories and a 3-point locking viewfinder mount for precise adjustment (color viewfinder compatible)
• 48-kHz/16-bit, four-channel digital audio recording
• Multiple system Interfaces, including three HD-SDI Outputs, USB 2.0 and down-converted SD video output
|Dimensions||22 × 18 × 12 in|