The ADI-648 is a sixty-four channel format converter from MADI to ADAT and vice versa. MADI handles sixty-four channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz and thirty-two channels up to 96kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. The ADAT channels are provided via eight TosLink optical inputs and outputs, respectively.
- Sixty-four channel MADI/ADAT format converter
- MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Supplies word clock in Single and Double Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock.
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Sixteen MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with 64 audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- RME ADI-648 - 64 Channel, 24-Bit/96kHz MADI / ADAT Format Converter with 16 x 16 Routing Matrix
- AC Power Cable
- Dimensions: 23 × 13 × 5 in
- Weight: 9 lbs