When video capture quality, format continuity, and equipment reliability are critical to your production, Sony’s DSR-PD170 is probably on your list of considerations. The PD170 offers high quality video capture in excess of 500 lines of resolution, balanced audio inputs that are line/mic level switchable, a professional format that integrates SMPTE compatible time code, and excellent low-light shooting capability. The camera weighs about 5 pounds with tape and battery. A plethora of accessories and options makes this Sony 3-chip camera easy to work with in virtually any shooting scenario.
- Larger magnifier for viewfinder monitor
- Zoom rocker and record button on top handle
- Iris control increased from 12 to 24 increments
- Viewfinder and LCD monitor work simultaneously
- Lens hood integrates lens cap
- iLink cable strap makes it harder to accidentally pull loose digital cable
- Wide angle adapter and its own lens hood included with camera
- LCD monitor brighter for ease of use in bright light conditions
- Includes: Road Case, Microphone, and Battery
Dimensions: 20″L x 16.9″W x 11″H/ 23 lbs
Tested. Removed from a working corporate environment.