The dbx Model 160X is a professional single channel compressor/limiter that features an exclusive combination of the dbx Over Easy® and “hard knee” compression characteristics. dbx Over Easy compression permits extremely smooth, almost inaudible transitions into compression due to the gradual change of compression ratio around the threshold. The 160X offers the user the choice of using the Over Easy curve or a mathematically precise “hard” threshold-at any compression ratio selected. The Over Easy curve, coupled with dbx’s true-RMS level detector, wide-range Blackmer voltage-controlled amplifier (VCA) and feed; forward circuitry, makes it possible to achieve large amounts of compression without adverse audible side effects. These features also allow the 160X to actually be set for INFINITY+™compression. This is a special negative compression effect whereby the program dynamics are inverted above the set threshold (i.e., the higher the input level, the lower the output level).
- Program-dependent attack and release times assure natural sound without the need for continuous manual adjustments
- Threshold and compression ratios are adjustable over a wide range
- Output gain is adjustable over a very wide range (±20 dB)
- The dbx Model 160X is well suited to a broad range of applications including tape recording, disc mastering, radio and TV production and broadcast, live concert sound reinforcement, mobile and theatrical production
- DBX 160x Compressor/Limiter
- Dimensions: 12 × 22 × 8 in
- Weight: 8 lbs