Drawmer DS201 Dual Noise Gate (FOR PARTS)
The DS201 is a sophisticated dual channel noise gate incorporating a number of features pioneered by Drawmer, which are invaluable to the sound engineer, and not found on conventional noise gates. Drawmer pioneered the concept of frequency conscious gating, and the Drawmer DS201 was the first noise gate to include this feature. The very fast attack of the DS201 means that it can open in a matter of micro seconds, thus preserving the natural attack of whatever sound is being gated and the comprehensive envelope controls mean that the gain can be changed at whatever rate best suits the material being processed. With vocals for example, a fairly fast attack is needed so as not to clip the leading consonants but a slower release time will prevent the end of words being clipped off and will also fade out any noise gradually rather than cutting it off abruptly. This latter point is very important as the human ear is far more sensitive to rapidly changing noise levels than to a constant low level noise.
- Variable high-pass and low-pass filters for 'frequency conscious' gating
- Comprehensive envelope control, attack, hold, decay and range
- Extremely low-noise and low-distortion circuitry
- Ultra-fast response time
- Comprehensive side-chain filtering
- Traffic light' display giving clear indication of gate status
- Balanced inputs and outputs
- Stereo linkable
- Can be used for "Gating" or "Ducking"
- High audio specification
- Drawmer DS201 Dual Noise Gate (FOR PARTS)
- A/C Power Cable
- Dimensions: 8 × 19 × 2 in
- Weight: 6 lbs