The ADI-642 is an eight-channel format converter from MADI to AES and vice versa. MADI handles sixty-four channels of 24-bit audio at sampling frequencies up to 48kHz, thirty-two channels up to 96kHz and sixteen channels at 192kHz. All channels are transferred across a single cable, using either a coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. The AES/EBU channels are provided via 4 XLR inputs and outputs, respectively.
- Eight-channel MADI/AES format converter
- MADI redistributor, patchbay and router
- Extensive status displays give information about Lock and Sync states, audio content and the physical quality of the incoming signal
- A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications
- Supplies word clock in Single, Double and Quad Speed, distributes Double Wire 96kHz signals into the MADI data stream
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies
- Multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock.
- All settings are stored when the unit is switched off
- Sixteen MIDI channels can be transferred across MADI even with 64 audio channels
- The device can be fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI and all status displays can be queried through MIDI
- RME ADI-642 - 8-Channel, 24-Bit/192kHz MADI / AES Format Converter with 72 x 74 Routing Matrix
- AC Power Cable
- Dimensions: 22 × 13 × 5 in
- Weight: 9 lbs